AIP Côte d’Ivoire-AIP/ Les services des eaux et forêts en campagne contre les feux de brousse dans le Poro AIP Côte d’Ivoire-AIP/Inter/ Football: Le Maroc abritera la CAN féminine 2022 AGP Guinée-Politique : Démission officielle du Gouvernement de Dr Ibrahima Kassory Fofana ANGOP MUNDIAL|ANDEBOL: ANGOLA PERDE DIANTE DO QATAR NA ESTREIA GNA Speaker Bagbin condemns unruly parliamentary behaviour APS SÉDHIOU : 42 KILOS DE CHANVRE INDIEN SAISIS À BALMADOU (POLICE) GNA WACCE to empower women against violent extremism GNA NGO supports flood victims in the Upper East Region GNA FDA declares zero tolerance for unregistered products GNA High Court remands man who stabs 19-year-old to death

Mother, children escape fire outbreak


  29 Décembre      13        Politique (14215),

   

By Gifty Amofa, GNA

Accra, Dec. 29, GNA – A mother and her two children on Boxing Day escaped when fire gutted their wooden structure at Korle Gonno in Accra.
Madam Emelia Amartefio, and one of her children, whose name was not given were not in the structure at the time of the incident.
However, her six-year-old girl, who was in the structure raised an alarm for help.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Effia Tenge, Head of Public Affairs Unit of the Accra Regional Police Command, told the Ghana News Agency in Accra on Tuesday.
She said, « On 26/12/2020 at about 1430 hours, we received information that there was fire outbreak in a wooden structure at Korle – Gonno near Los Angeles School.
« Police Patrol Team proceeded to the scene to ascertain the fact and on arrival, Police met the Assistant Divisional Fire Officer and men from the Regional Fire Service Station Korle – Bu actively putting the fire out. »
DSP Tenge said « on the spot investigation revealed that, the wooden structure house was being occupied by one Emelia Amartefio and two others whose names were not provided and that three of them were not present when the fire occurred. »
She said the Police was informed that around 1400 hours, the six-year-old daughter of Emelia, who was in the structure at that time detected smoke and came out and raised an alarm, which attracted neighbours who tried to put the fire out and also called the Fire Service to intervene.

DSP Tenge said the fire was finally put out by personnel from the Fire Service but the structure was totally burnt.
« There were no casualty. But, Emelia was asked to report at the station to make formal complaint, » she added.
GNA

Dans la même catégorie