APS MÉDINA BAYE : DES TESTS DE DIAGNOSTIC RAPIDE POUR LA PRÉVENTION DU COVID-19 ANP Agadez : La DGD fait découvrir le nouveau Code national des douanes ANP Diffa by night : Restez chez vous, on sécurise ! ANP Dosso abrite un atelier de sensibilisation des médias sur la participation politique des femmes ANP Niger : 3,8 millions de personnes auront besoin d’assistance humanitaire en 2021 (ONU) AIP Côte d’Ivoire-AIP/Présidentielle 2020: Le RHDP exhorte les populations à tourner le dos aux fausses rumeurs à Grand-Lahou AIP Côte d’Ivoire-AIP/Présidentielle 2020 : Une cinquantaine d’observateurs bénévoles formés par le CNDH à Agboville AIP Côte d’Ivoire-AIP/Présidentielle 2020 : L’Association ‘’idées de paix’’ sensibilise pour des élections apaisées APS PRÉSIDENTIELLE IVOIRIENNE : OUATTARA ET KKB ONT TENU LEUR DERNIER MEETING MAP Côte d’Ivoire/Présidentielle : la CEDEAO dépêche des observateurs à Abidjan

One dead, three injured in Volta Region secessionist disturbance


  25 Septembre      18        Société (24296),

   

Accra, Sept 25, GNA- One person has been confirmed dead and three persons, including a police officer, injured, in fire exchanges between security agencies and members of the Homeland Study Group, a secessionist group in the Volta Region.

 

The police officer is said to have been evacuated  to  the Police  Hospital in Accra and the wounded members of the secessionist group, sent to the Ho Teaching Hospital.

 

A joint statement from the Ghana  Armed  Forces  (GAF) and  the  Ghana  Police  Service (GPS), which was copied to the Ghana News Agency, said 31 members of the group had been arrested.

 

“These arrested persons have since been brought to Accra for interrogation,” the statement said.

 

It  assured the public that  activities  of  the  Homeland  Study  Group  Foundation, in parts of the Volta Region, had been brought under control.

 

It said at about  0200 hours, on  Friday, September 25, elements  of  the  group attacked the Aveyime and  Mepe  police  stations and  mounted  road  blocks  on  the Juapong–Accra and  Sogakope–Accra main  roads,  disrupting  the daily  routine of the citizenry.

 

The statement said in response  to  the unlawful acts, a  joint Military-Police  Team,  in  conjunction  with other security  agencies, was deployed to the  affected  areas, where it succeeded  in  apprehending 31 members  of  the  Group.

 

The statement said all the roadblocks had also been cleared and that the security agencies had taken control of the highways and strategic installations within the Region.

 

It stated that an earlier pre-emptive  operation  on  Thursday,  24  September  2020,  foiled  a  plan  by  the  Group  to  burn the Ho Central Market and other key installations.

 

“We wish to re-assure the public that the security and Intelligence Agencies are in  firm  control of  the  situation and  remain  undaunted  in  their  resolve  at  preserving  and protecting the sanctity of the entire territory of our dear country.

 

It entreated all and sundry to remain calm and volunteer any relevant information on the activities of the Group for necessary action to be taken.

 

GNA

Dans la même catégorie